We are excited to announce the first induction of teachers into the Cadre of Distinguished Educators. Congratulations to:
- Sarah Altig, Special Education, Ron Russell Middle School
- Fawn Anderson, Autism Specialist, Early Childhood
- Alissa Blair, 4th grade, Cherry Park Elementary School
- Cheryl Bland, 6th grade science/social studies, Ron Russell Middle School
- Robbie Bouslaugh, Student Behavior Specialist, Mill Park Elementary School
- Tess Brown, Title 1, Mill Park Elementary School
- Jessica Classen, English, David Douglas High School
- Wendi Flores, 6th grade math, Floyd Light Middle School
- Erin Gardenhire, Mentor, District Office
- Alethea Mellor, 3rd grade, Ventura Park Elementary School
- Sandra Mueller, physics, David Douglas High School
- Martha Sandstead, Language Development Specialist, Ventura Park Elementary School
- Tiffany Sanford, Autism Specialist, Early Childhood
- Holly Schauer, School Improvement Coordinator, Ron Russell Middle School
- Nancy Shillingburg, Speech Language Pathologist, Early Childhood
- Kari Seashore, Student Achievement Specialist, Lincoln Park Elementary School
- Cami Stevenson, Mentor, Early Childhood
- Monica Wright, Speech Language Pathologist, Early Childhood
These 18 educators completed a highly reflective application, a team of educators visited their classrooms, and they participated in an interview. Moving into 2015-16, these educators will pilot shared leadership opportunities to support student growth. A group of CODE inductees will also form the first CODE Advisory Council. The council will meet regularly to engage in conversations with each other about our school district. They will also meet with district leaders to ask critical questions, create shared understanding, and talk about how to improve student learning.
The 2015-16 CODE nomination window will open in September 2015 with work sessions is November through January, visitations in February, and interviews and induction in March 2016.
To learn more about CODE, contact the CODE Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the informational page on our website.